Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Could there have been Three Montgomery Wards in Downtown Pomona ?

 
Montgomery Ward Third & Thomas 1929
But this one looks like the building on the southwest corner of Second and Gordon, which is still there. Sometimes they put the wrong address or street name on these pictures.

 
Montgomery Ward Second and Park Ave. 1958

 
Montgomery Ward 162 East Second St. Year ?



 
I always thought that there was only two Montgomery Wards in Downtown Pomona, but as you can see by this sign there was one at 162 East Second St. The sign Says Montgomery Ward Freight Entrance, I don't know if anyone else ever notice that sign. This is the kind of things I enjoy finding, the things that still remain today. I'm always looking at doorways and side of old buildings, to see if there was any signs of what it use to be. Well at least I got a picture of it before someone comes along and puts graffiti on it.
  So Ren he was on third, no Porky he was first, so first was on Second, yes twice. So who  was third, no he was first, so if he was first how can he be second twice. Because he was in two place at two different times. So twice he was on second, so who was on third, yes he was but you said he was first. PORKY ! just take my word on it. Can I have a cookie, No !

No comments:

Post a Comment