Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Today is a sad day in Pomona's History


So sad that we lost one of Pomona's living history. The tree to the right of the picture, has been cut down. This picture goes back to 1889. A sad day indeed.


In out historic neighborhoods, if someone cuts down a tree, even if they own the house, they can get in a lot of trouble with the historical society.

So why isn't it the same with our historic buildings, they need to follow the same rules also.
This old tree was a city historic landmark, now we just have pictures of a grand old tree, which now belongs to the ages.


And this is what it looks like today, very bare looking, now that the tree is gone


And this is the spot where the tree use to be. I wish I knew they were going to cut it down, maybe we could of saved it.
Damn I failed, I should of kept an eye on it. I let my old friend down, so sad today.

No comments:

Post a Comment