Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Main St. at Tracks 15-Jan-1954 Southern Pacific Freight. Vehicles help up for train blocked entrance and exit of municipal lot.


Ren's Note: To the right of the picture, you see that HOTEL. Well back in the mid 1970's, I  worked for this company, that would go inside and fix these places up, so they can rent the rooms out.
There was six rooms if I remember right, and everyone had to share one bathroom. It had a claw bathtub, with an old shower type set up, with a plastic curtain.
Inside there was a lot of gingerbread molding, around the doors, and they had those transit windows, I believe you call them, above the front door.
Inside each room, when you open the front door, there was this ball of wood, that was attach to the wood, behind the door. It was a door stopper, first time I seen one of those.
I loved that job.

No comments:

Post a Comment