Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Pomona's Southside Historical Society







 
Way back when I use to attend Lincoln School, this house use to remind me of a haunted house. Back then it wasn't kept up very well. But now I'm glad to see who ever bought it is taking care of it, what a great old house (great if I could get permission to go inside and take some pictures) back then as a kid, I thought it would be cool to have a haunted house, in your own neighborhood.
Even when we use to come this way for Halloween trick and treating, there was just the front porch light on, and that was it. We use to dare each other to go and knock on the door, but we only got as far as the sidewalk lol.
While I was there taking pictures, it's easy for me to travel back in time, and remember who lived where. The short cuts we use to take to get to a friends house, and the curbs we use jump off with our bikes.
The curbs are still there, but all my friends are grown up now, like myself. But you know what, I'm still able to see a lot of them, on fb. It's great to know their doing well.
On my walk, I passed through Lincoln Park, and again, I remember that on hot summer days. We use to lay down on the cool grass, and look up to sky.
So I laid down on the cool green grass, now that felt real nice. It also reminded how itchy the grass could be lol.
Well it's time to go back as being a grown up, but not for long, I'll be back, to lay in the cool grass again, you can count on it.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment