Friday, May 17, 2013

The First DMV built in 1953 in Pomona


 
Now growing up here in Pomona, I us kid's ( four of us, I was the youngest )  would go with the folk's in the 1951 Chevy and head over to the DMV ( a church now ). Now this was back in the early 60's, and this one is located at 395 San Antonio Ave. Now the one I went to, to get my Drivers Lic. was located on Erie St. just off of Holt Ave. and then they moved to S. Garey Ave. Now I'm going to go out on a limb here and say  that this was the first DMV here in Pomona, unless someone knows where the first one was at. I can remember sitting out in the car waiting for Pop, sure seemed like a long time waiting for him. I can't imagine going into a place this small today, and it served Pomona and other cities, WOW ! what a wait.

1 comment:

  1. This is the second one. It was built in 1953. The first one was at 325 W. 5th Ave. (Now called Mission Blvd.)

    ReplyDelete