Thursday, February 27, 2014

Good News for Me Old Casa

 
Well I stopped off at the old casa today at 376 E Monterey Ave. ( Use to be Monterey St. ), when I seen these guys working in the front yard.
So I stopped at the house where I grew up, and it was sold, to the company next door, when my mom moved out
Then they let this guy move in, and he was one of those guys, who started something, but never finished what he started, he no longer lives there.
The last time I was in there it was a mess.
So the guy I was talking to, who also works next door.  He said, he was tired of seeing it run down, and a few of the fruit trees had died ( my dad planted all of the fruit trees ), and he was talking about the historic value that it has to offer ( Built in 1924 ).
So I gave him my phone number and told him I would like to help in anyway that I can.
So right now he said, that he needs to get the sprinkler system going, and the fruit trees will have a drip line to keep them watered ( right on ). 
It's great to see that someone is taking care of the house where I grew up at. Well at least I know it's in good hands now.
  

 
Picture was taken in June 1963, that's me up front ( clowning around ) with my older brother and sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment