Thursday, September 25, 2014

Pomona's Southside Historical Society - Orange Belt Fruit Distributers Inc. 1946

 
Located on the corner of Old First St. and Eleanor St. between Eleanor St.and Palomares St. and you are looking east from Eleanor St..
I sure remember this place, but at the time it was something else at the time.
But today, you might know it as the parking lot, for Western U, First St.(the new First St.) is where you see those train boxcars, to the right of the picture.

 
And you see that ramp, that takes you to those doors, well I use to race my Stingray Bike up it, all the time. It's steeper then what the pictures show it to be. So at the other end, you can get some airtime. This is on old First St. and the old street is still there, and it looks the same, to this day.

 
And here is a picture when it was in business back then, pretty good size packing plant

 
And I have one of their crates, I use it today, for storage for my wood, that I use for my art projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment