Thursday, August 30, 2018

ART EXHIBITION | SEPTEMBER 1st | 6:00 - 8:00 pm



Ginger Elliott Exhibit Center at Garner House
840 N Indian Hill Blvd. | FREE

Please join Claremont Heritage for an exhibit showcasing work by Corinne Carrey.

Exhibition continues through September 30.

Artist's statement:
My work explores commonalities across disparate artistic movements. My practice is founded in the bold post-modernism of the 1980’s that painted my earliest memories. The structure of this aesthetic was then architected by the Art Deco influences of my native hometown, Los Angeles. This composition was further refined by travels and tenure in Asia, studying the craftsmanship and cultural roots of humankind in Indonesia's antiquity and textiles. These elements are woven together by an imagination rooted in the idea that creation and expression have always been and will continue to be shaped by a mystical connection between humanity and the cosmos.

With this as a foundation, my work lives in many mediums. Shaping paint, resin, walls, and wildlife, I carry my philosophy of patience, quality, and timelessness into my every aspect of my artistic output.

Thank you for your interest and time, please reach out with any questions, commissions, inquiries.

No comments:

Post a Comment