Saturday, December 14, 2019

A Pomona Christmas


Not sure about the year, but it looks like the late 1950's. This picture was taken right in front of the John P Evens store on west Second St. looking east, the next cross street is Thomas St.
These are the days I miss, the one thing that sticks in my mind. Is sometimes when you walk buy Thrifty's or Woolworths, the smell of popcorn. But during the Christmas season, there were stockings full of candy and small toys in store front windows. And in others there was Christmas trees with those old fashion lights, like the kind when I was growing up, with presents in colors of red and white with big ribbons in different colors. Reminds me of when I got my first train set. And the Christmas Parade was something to see as a kid on Second St., well anyway these are the days I miss.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment