Monday, August 10, 2020

Some Old Bank History

A friend in the neighborhood stopped me this morning and wanted to show me something.
He was cleaning out some stuff and came across this old First National Bank Bag, maybe used for coins back then. I'm thinking this goes back to the 1940's, just sayin.
It was filled with marbles, I asked him if he looked at the marbles. He said he hadn't, hmm maybe he has a little gold mine in old marbles.

Now this one blew me away, I forgot about these coin banks from the Pomona First Federal was located here on Garey Ave. You would get these from the bank, take them home and deposit your coins in the little bank. When full, you then take it to the bank where they have a key to open the back. Then your money would be deposited to you account. Great for kids for learning about how to save their money. I'm thinking this goes back to the early 1960's correct me if I'm wrong.
I had something from another bank, a thick light brown envelope, with a red string you would wrap around it, to secure it. The good old days.

No comments:

Post a Comment