Friday, April 9, 2021

TOMORROW AT 5 PM PDT – 9 PM PDT METRO Art Gallery - Karen Nepstad, Entomologist

 



I am a killer. I train killers. I am a front-line soldier in an interspecial war of extermination with a brutal deadly enemy. An enemy responsible for more human deaths than any other cause throughout history. An enemy that has destroyed more soldiers than all the weapons, bombs, guns, swords, arrows, rocks, and fists have ever done. An enemy that kills children, the healthy and old without thought or mercy. An enemy that hides unseen in even the most peaceful serene landscapes. I have spent my entire adult life fighting in this war, a war we will probably never win.
For the time being, in my small area of responsibility, we have kept this enemy at the gates, stopping most of their incursions. In these rare moments, when the enemy is regrouping for the next assault, the serene landscapes that my soldiers and I patrol have become sources of artistic inspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment